Why have a talk?
- it sets the scene for your general visit – enjoy background information before setting out to explore.
- it enhances particular visits with preparatory information – makes your visits more meaningful.
- it will enable you to enjoy a particular subject that interests you in greater depth.
Who are our talks for?
- groups and associations.
- other organisations.
- local hotels.
Where are our talks?
- at a pre-determined venue.
- at a venue of your choice
Examples of our talks
- general introductions – a broad view of Cumbria and the Lake District looking at the varied and interesting aspects that make this area so popular.
- literary themes – exploring the great literary heritage of Cumbria and the Lake District – these themes can be general or specific to one character such as William Wordsworth, Arthur Ransome etc.
- historical themes – looking at the area’s long and fascinating history.
- landscape themes – in which the story of the region unfolds through its varied and stunning landscape.
Further subjects can be requested
Our talks are professionally delivered and tailor-made for each audience